Essie's Butter Heart Biscuits
1 egg, well beaten
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup butter (softened or room temperature)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. grease baking sheet
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg with a fork and mix in sour cream, sugar, and butter.
3. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. add gradually to egg mixture. mix well.
4. sprinkle some flour over dough and scoop out onto a floured surface
5. Knead dough about 4 times to form into a ball. Sprinkle top with some flour.
6. Roll out to 3/4" or 1" thickness. cut with biscuit cutter .
You'll need to dip the cutter in some flour each time you cut with cutter. ---
I used a 2 1/2" Heart Cutter.
7. Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. makes about 8-10 biscuits