Baked French Toast
* 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
* 8 eggs
* 2 cups milk
* 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3/4 cup butter
* 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
* 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
1. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning, remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking,
preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 pecans if desired.
4. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: 12